www xxl com r134a refrigerant charge: R134a is also called Tetrafluoroethane (CF3CH2F) that belongs to the family of HFC refrigerants. After seeing the significant impact of CFCs and HCFCs refrigerants to the ozone layer, it is replaced with the HFC.
Generally refrigerant works on vapor compression cycle that comprises compressor, condenser, capillary tube and evaporator with working fluid ‘refrigerant’ A right amount of refrigerant charge is required to get optimum performance from refrigerants.
r134a refrigerant charge
It is equally important for vehicle A/C systems designed for R134a refrigerant. A total A/C system refrigerant charge has been determined for each chassis/Evans system combination shown.
Benefits of using r134a refrigerant
- It has Zero Ozone layer depleting properties
- Very commonly used in area of centrifugal, rotary screw, scroll and reciprocating compressors
Before going ahead we will first understand the R134a.
r= denotes to number of carbon atoms in the refrigerant
s= denotes to number of hydrogen atoms in the refrigerant
t= denotes to number of fluorine atoms in the refrigerant
So R-134a has:
1+1= 2carbon atoms
3-1= 2 hydrogen atoms
4 fluorine atoms
In R134a, a is basically used to signify it as an isomer.
Handling Procedures For All R134a Refrigerated Units
- First, visually inspect the refrigerated controller to ensure the unit is not set in the “Emergency Run” mode.
- If the unit has a sightglass, look for any sign of abnormal appearance.
- When starting the unit, ensure there is no personnel in front of the unit, or be inside the refrigerated container.
- During start up, all personnel should be no closer than 2 container units (approx. 15 feet) from refrigeration machinery.
- Before plugging in the unit, ensure the refrigeration unit circuit breaker and power switch are in the “on” or “run” (closed) position.
- Plug the refrigerated unit into a power source that is not directly in front of the refrigerated unit that has the power source breaker turned off.
- Turn on the breaker at the power source and wait for the refrigerated unit to go through its start up procedure, until the compressor has started and runs for 3‐5 minutes.
- If the compressor exhibits sounds of improper operation, such as knocking, clanging, buzzing, or other odd sounds, during start up, or if the compressor becomes unusually hot, turn off the breaker at the power source and perform the C‐GEARS procedure. AFTER ALLOWING THE COMPRESSOR TO COOL FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES. After passing the C‐GEARS procedure, then troubleshoot as normal. If the unit fails the C‐GEARS procedure, then send the sample to McCampbell Analytical lab and wait for results.
- If a unit fails to start, detach it from the power source.
- The service technician should then use the ‘power plug in hand’ rule when working on a unit. This means the technician will have the power cord plug with him prior to commencing any work on the unit.
- For units that don’t start, and only after power is CONFIRMED disconnected, inspect the alarm log for failure indications.
- For units that require power to view alarms, disconnect the output power to the compressor prior to connecting power.
- On ANY unit that requires service, whereby gauges must be connected to the unit, the refrigerant must first be tested by using the C‐GEARS extraction procedure. If freon passes the Halide Flame Test, work may commence. If the refrigerant fails Halide Flame Test, no work shall be performed until authorization is given.
- If a technician found any safety issue while working on any refrigerated unit, they should immediately consult with the refrigeration supervisor.
Other useful Links:
- Kajaria floor tiles price list PDF
- Royale play design book PDF
- Asian paints catalogue PDF
- ITC Product list PDF
- Olympic Games list PDF
Disclaimer: CertificatePDF does not own this certificate pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet. If in any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.